Collaboration with Students
I welcome the opportunity to work with undergraduate and graduate students and to support extracurricular opportunities for students to learn about the research process and explore research questions of their own.
In some cases, I will invite students to work with me, based on their performance in courses I have taught, their demonstrated in interest in the topics that I research, and the resources I have available for student collaboration. Students are also welcome to contact me with a thoughtful request to discuss potential opportunities to work together in formal and informal advising and mentoring relationships, research practicums and independent studies, research assistantships, and project collaboration.
Current Students and Student Collaborators
I am grateful to have had the chance to work with students in research and advising capacities, to have been part of their research and training experiences, and to have learned and grown with and from them, as well. I am currently advising, mentoring, and/or collaborating with the following students:
- Katie R. Billings, Sociology PhD Student and Center for Justice, Law, & Societies Graduate Fellow (more about Katie here)
- Tanya Rouleau Whitworth, Sociology PhD Candidate (more about Tanya here)
- Jacki Carroll, Undergraduate Student and Research Assistant
- Sean Dunham, Undergraduate Student and Research Assistant (more about Sean here)
- Haejin Lee, Undergraduate Student and Research Assistant
- Ella Stock, Undergraduate Student and Research Assistant (more about Ella here)
I have also had the honor of working with the following individuals:
- Lynn-Tyi’a Porter, Undergraduate Student and Research Assistant (more about Lynn-Tyi’a here)
- Siobhan Powers, Undergraduate Student and Research Assistant (more about Siobhan here)
Reference Letters and Letters of Recommendation
I am happy to support students’ professional and academic objectives by writing letters of recommendation. I will be able to do so most effectively if we have prior experience working together in the classroom and/or professionally or in a research capacity and if I am provided with adequate information to tailor the letter to each opportunity and student. To request a letter of recommendation or reference, please review my Reference and Letter Recommendation Policy.